Lent is a time of fasting and abstinence from certain foods, which can make it challenging to keep meals flavourful.
Here are some tips for keeping your dishes flavourful during Lent:
- Use herbs and spices: Herbs and spices such as garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, cumin and turmeric are a great way to add flavour without adding fat or salt.
- Citrus fruits: Lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruits are packed with flavour and can be used in salads, marinades or sauces.
- Vinegars: Vinegars such as balsamic, white wine and apple cider vinegar can add a punch of flavour to dishes.
- Roasting: Roasting vegetables in the oven brings out their natural sweetness and adds depth to dishes.
- Fresh produce: Eating plenty of fresh produce is key to adding flavour to your meals during Lent. Try adding colourful vegetables such as bell peppers, tomatoes and squash to your dishes.
With a little creativity, you can create flavourful Lenten dishes that are both satisfying and nutritious! Happy cooking!