'Tis the season for entertaining! If you're hosting friends or family for Christmas this year, check out these helpful tips and tricks to make your life a little easier.
- Set the table the night before. This will save you time and stress on Christmas Day itself.
- Make sure you have all of the serving dishes and utensils you need ahead of time. It's no fun scrambling to find things when your guests are already at your door.
- Prep as much food as possible in advance. Peel and chop vegetables (or purchase them prepacked!), mix up sauces or dressings, bake cookies or other desserts - anything you can do to lighten your load on the big day is a good idea.
- Delegate! Ask your friends or family members to bring a dish, help with set-up or clean-up, or entertain the kids while you finish up dinner preparations.
- Don't forget about the little things. Make sure you have enough ice, napkins, and drink stirrers on hand. And don't forget the Christmas music!
By following these simple tips, you'll be able to relax and enjoy your own party instead of running around after your guests!