Chicken & Vegetable Tacos
Spice up any dinner party or gathering with our Chicken & Veggie Tacos!
For the Avocado salsa:
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
For the Tomato salsa:
2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 shallot, diced
For the filling:
2 chicken breast fillets
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce:
1 cup sour cream
¼ Lebanese cucumber, diced
1 hand full of fresh dill, chopped
for the tacos:
4 spring onions, cut into rings
2 tomatoes, diced
1 handful baby cos lettuce leaves, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 handful coriander leaves
1. To make the salsas, in one bowl mix together the avocado and the garlic. Season with salt and lime juice. Set aside
2. In another bowl, mix together the tomatoes and shallot. Season with salt, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. set aside
3. To make the sauce, mix all ingredients together and season o taste, set aside.
4. Sprinkle the chicken with the thyme and season with salt and ground black pepper.
5. Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat, fry chicken in hot oil on a medium heat for around 6 minutes until golden brown.
6. To assemble: Warm the tortillas either in the oven or in a clean dry pan.
7. Top each tortilla with the prepared salad ingredients and the salsas.
8. Slice the chicken, place on top of the salad, sprinkle with coriander and a dollop of the sauce and roll up.
9. Or alternatively place all ingredients in the center of the table and build your own taco.