Cajun Chicken Burger
Whip up this mouth-watering Cajun Chicken Burger with a hint of spice, and knock the socks off your guests!
2 red peppers, quartered
4 chicken breast fillets, approx. 120 g each
4 tsp Cajun spice
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp ketchup
4 bread rolls
1 handful mixed lettuce greens,torn
1 red onion, cut into rings
1 tomato, sliced
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1. Preheat the grill and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the peppers, skin-side up on the baking tray and grill for 10-15 minutes until the skin turns black. Remove from the grill, cover with a damp cloth and leave to cool. Once cool, peel with a knife.
3. Season the chicken with the Cajun spice, salt and ground black pepper.
4. Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat and fry the chicken in hot oil on all side for 4-5 minutes or until cooked though.
5. Toast bread then, spread 1 tbsp ketchup on the underside of each roll, top with the lettuce and place chicken on top. Add the peppers, onion rings, tomato and 1 tbsp mayonnaise and cover with the other half of the roll.