Foodworks local hero competition terms and conditions.
Win a car plus 1 x $5,000 Cash
The promoter is AUR limited.
ABN 93077879782 level 1 1601 Malvern Rd Glen Iris VIC 3146
Start date is 30/08/2017 at 12.01 am AEST
End date is 19/09/2017 at 11.59pm AEST
Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 16 years
Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions below. Limit one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Transaction. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
How to enter:
To enter the promotion, the entrant must complete one of the following steps during the promotional period, but must include a minimum $25 purchase.
a)spend $25 or more on any transaction from any participating FoodWorks supermarket, local or express store. Keep receipt for proof of purchase.
b) follow the prompts to the Competition entry page; http://www.foodworks.com.au/competitions and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, phone/mobile number, full address) and in 50 words or less explain who and why they are nominating a person as a local hero; and upload a photo of receipt as proof of purchase, and a photo of their nominated hero.
c) follow prompts on facebook: www.facebook.com/foodworksaus; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, phone/mobile number, full address) and in 50 words or less explain who and why they are nominating a person as a local hero; and upload a photo of receipt as proof of purchase, and a photo of their nominated hero.
d) fill out an entry form instore, and send the entry form with a copy of your receipt and a photo of their nominated hero to:
Foodworks Local Hero Competition, Level 1/1601 Malvern Rd glen Iris VIC 3146
(photographs will not be returned)
Major prize: the prize is a new Hyundai 130 active 2016 with automatic transmission, including registration, compulsory third-party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary from State by State) awarded to the nominated local hero.
Minor Prize: the prize is $5000 cash awarded to the nominator of the winning local hero. (major prize winner).
- Applies to all prizes: No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
- Major Prize: The colour of the car awarded will be determined by the Promoter depending on availability at the time of winning. The prize requires the winner to contact the Promoter in order to organise collection or delivery during the period from 30/09/17 to 30/10/17. Prize may need to be collected by the winner from a specific location (e.g. could be a Hyundai dealership, a Foodworks store, etc) or may be delivered to the winner, however, exact method of collection/delivery of prize will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the car is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
- Minor Prize: The winner must provide their bank account details to the Promoter in order for the prize to be awarded.
Winning method: the winner will be chosen by the promoter based on what it determines is the best entry nominating a local hero. The winner will be chosen at 04:00PM AEST Friday 22/09/2017
The winner/s will be contacted in writing by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw.
The winner will be published at foodworks.com.au/competitions by Tuesday 26/09/2017
The winners image and the nominated heroes image may be used as part of the publishing process in print and digital channels.
Prize(s) must be claimed by 30/10/17 at 04:00 pm AEST. Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn and a new local hero chosen Friday 3/11/17 at 04:00 pm AEST at Foodworks, level1 1601 Malvern Rd Glen Iris, VIC 3146. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email or phone within two (2) business days of the re-draw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.foodworks.com.au/competitions by 10/11/17.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with conducting the Promotion, of the Participating Venues, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex- spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step- grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
a) The winner will be chosen by Foodworks, at level 1 1601 Malvern Rd Glen Iris VIC 3146.
b) The valid entry chosen will be the winner of the Major Prize, and the minor prize as specified in the Schedule above. The major prize being awarded to the nominated Local hero, and the minor prize awarded to the nominator of the local hero.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
8. Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
9. Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section above for each entry as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant's respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant's right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as a Participating Venue; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
10. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
11. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
12. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
13. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the respective winning entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
15. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
17. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise. 18. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
19. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
23. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
24. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
25. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.